Friday, August 5, 2011

Jeremiah is 2 years old!


The incredible shrinking bear!


Wow. Two years! Part of me thinks this time has flown by while part of me can't remember life without our little comedian! We celebrated his big day with friends, blueberry pancakes, a family run, (okay, that wasn't really to celebrate, but we did shout, "It's your birthday!" several times), his choice for lunch which turned out to be a peanut butter & banana sandwich with veggie sticks and strawberries, then we headed to Sweet Cece's to meet some friends for yogurt, which means a bowl of blueberries for Jeremiah!), then once again his choice for dinner, sweet potatoes, broccoli and turkey sausage. After every few bites he'd say, "Mmmm, dat's so good!". We had a fun day of friends, singing Happy Birthday, over and over again, lots of playing and blueberries! Since the list of things that Jeremiah does would be very long, I think I will just list a few of our favorite Jeremiah stories, sayings and memories from the last 2 years!
*I will never forget the moment I laid eyes on my little warrior. My heart was gone and my awe of God increased massively.
*When I was pregnant with Iris Jeremiah was cuddling with me on the couch one day and she kicked him in the back. He sat up and turned and looked at her and said, "Baby!".
*Jeremiah loves to sing these days. His favorite solos are, Veggie Tales, You've Got a Friend In Me and Grandma's Song (the real title to that one is Revelation Song). When we are driving he asks for these to be played over and over and over again.
*Jeremiah still names his colors based on Sesame Street characters. I finally figured that one out! He has a book that names the colors starting with the characters. Elmo is red!
*Jeremiah's favorite foods consist of sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, homemade pizza, apples, blueberries, bananas, smoothies, broccoli, mangoes, watermelon, fruit bars, sweet potato fries, fries, chicken strips, pb & b sandwiches, spaghetti and chicken flautas!
*Jeremiah does not like mac & cheese, no matter how many people try to feed it to him, he will not eat it.
*As soon as he walks into his Gigi's house (Jeannie's house), he asks for an apple. So far she hasn't failed him.
*When he prays he names people he wants us to pray for and often he'll stop us mid-prayer to add to the list. Chances are, he's prayed for you lately!
*He LOVES to run with his daddy around and around the ottoman in our living room. This usually happens just before bed.
*He still takes his bear everywhere we go. It is rare for us to leave home without him, but he is pretty good about leaving him in the car when we go into places.
*Jeremiah is not a homebody. He likes to go and see his people!
*He loves tractors and big trucks. Good thing he lives in this town! This time of year we often pass at least one or more tractors on the road anywhere we go.
*He has always loved being cuddled, but likes to sleep on his own.
*Is still a mostly sugar-free kid. He's yet to have a cookie, bowl of ice cream or piece of candy and so far, it doesn't seem to have dampened his happy childhood. ;)
*Jeremiah loves to go to church and see his friends, but his real desire is to be allowed to play those drums!
I could do this all night, but I am a tired momma so I am going to stop now.
Do you have any favorite memories of Jeremiah? Leave a comment, I'd love to hear it!

This is how Jeremiah prepared to leave the house the other day. He was sick so he wasn't too keen on having his picture taken.

No comments: