Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rainbows

In my first post on this blog I announced that we were pregnant. But in that announcement I had written about the picture the Lord had given me. It was a rainbow and while I didn't see one in the physical, the spiritual significance was great. Al and I have a silly picture that I drew of a rainbow on our bathroom mirror. Over it we have written, Hebrews 10:23. In the cloud of it I wrote, Jeremiah 1:5. Over the past months we have clung to that reminder that our baby is the rainbow, a covenant that God has made that He does keep His promises.

Yesterday I was on the phone with my sister-in-law, Angela. She said there was a rainbow in the sky and it seemed so random because the skies were clear, there was no rain, just sunny blue skies. This morning she sent me this email:

I just wanted you to know that the rainbow I saw last night was yours!! I knew that when I saw it while on the phone with you but it was confirmed to by Christy. She is my so to speak “prayer partner.” We share each others burdens & blessings so as soon as I hung up with you I called her but she didn’t answer so I brushed it off. She called me back 30 minutes later & I told her that it was so cool that I saw a rainbow when I was talking with you on the phone. (she read your blog) She said “What time?!” I told her around 5:30-35. she said “oh my goodness Ang, I was driving down 151st toward 75 & looked up & saw the exact same rainbow & immediately thought of Martha & Al & prayed for them & thanked God for His promises for their baby!” I just wanted to remind you that God is faithful to His promises!

I forwarded the email to my sister Becky and she replied back that she had also seen the rainbow! God is so incredible. **Edited** My Dad saw the rainbow too

Today I go to the doctor to talk about our options for fertility. I am clinging to the covenant that God has made. We have a baby and he is coming.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Martha,

I'm excited to share stories with you. We definitely have some similarities. I've always thought that we'd have a son named Noah. I'll e-mail you more about that. I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you and Al, and you're right, He who has promised IS faithful. You will come out on the other side of this journey for the children God has for you strengthened, and you'll reflect better the characteristics of Christ. A thought before I get around to e-mailing you back. Submission. That word has become and important part of my journey. I'll share more later. Love, Emily