Monday, November 3, 2008

The Race

The reminders are everywhere, God has not forgotten me and He has not forgotten His promises. This has been a sweet weekend and those reminders keep coming via scripture, other people and His voice. I know our promise is coming and we are in the midst of the writing of God's story for us. I seem to find myself reading an encouraging note, email & blog everywhere I turn. Each time I open the word for my time with God, He whispers through a verse reminding me of our promise. Jeremiah is coming. We know this, we claim it and we cling to the hope of God. One of the most recent is,
Psalm 126:5-6 Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy.
They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with harvest.

I am running a 5K. Never thought I would say that, but I am. Its only 3 miles and to many that may seem like nothing, but right now it feels like God has asked me to run to Chicago. Ok, maybe not that much, but it feels far. Very far. I started to get the bug when Jeannie and Robyn trained and conquered the 1/2 Marathon. I really started to feel like the Lord was calling me to my own run. I joked about it, but it was really on my heart. I prayed about it and found out about a race on Thanksgiving Day. I just felt the assurance that this was my race. So... My sister, Becky and I have both determined to run this, our first race since elementary school, together. That makes it all the more exciting. Jeannie is running with us to cheer us on and my dad and Al are going to run as well. Running with others is always more fun! I am actually excited about the race itself, but the training is not so fun. I had really hoped that I would be pregnant and have to say, "Oh, sorry! Can't run the 5K!" But alas, God has called me to this and I feel like it is something I am to do as worship to Him. This is part of my story and I don't want to leave a page out that He has written for us. I will keep you posted on my progress. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Last night my friends gave me a birthday party. Thank you ladies! I loved it. We had a bonfire, carmel apples, popcorn balls & an outdoor movie. An old favorite cheesy 80's movie, Always. It was so much fun. Al and I feel so blessed by the relationships we have. God has truly surrounded us with men and women of a different spirit.

No comments: