Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jeremiah is 5 months old!

Wow. 5 months, that seems so bizarre. In the last several years there were times when I couldn't imagine having a baby, but today I have a happy healthy 5 month old boy! Now I can't imagine life without him. Today was one of those days where I laughed at him nearly constantly. He has such a happy, silly personality. I can only imagine what he'll be like when he starts saying the things he's thinking. Even when he's fussing, he'll pause to smile at you just to make sure you know he loves you. At least, that is what this momma likes to think.

My mother in law, Debbie was in a car accident today. Thankfully she's ok, just very sore all over. Please pray for a quick recovery. Jeremiah made his Papa's day by "talking" to him on the phone. He rarely does that. Normally when he's gabbering, I'll put the phone up to his face and he stops to stare at the phone. Not today though, today he knew Papa could use a pick-me-up so he provided. I have witnessed God use him in that way so many times. One instance I think I will remember forever happened right before Christmas. Our youth group was combining forces with a couple of other ministries and throwing a Christmas party for some of the homeless in Nashville. The church that hosted the event offers a church service, shower and warm bed a couple times a week so many were regulars. That night I met a woman named Vicki. She looked to be in her early thirties, she was there with her husband. We started talking and Jeremiah was smiling at her like he does and she asked if she could hold him. I took him out of his pack and handed him over. I wondered how he would respond to her and as an innocent baby he gave me an, in your face lesson on how Jesus loves people. Here is a woman who has no home, isn't exceptionally clean, most of her teeth are rotten or have fallen out, but Jeremiah leaned into her as she told me about her two sons who have been put into someone else's care due to her circumstances. Jeremiah cuddled her like I've never seen him do to anyone. She kissed his cheek and he kissed her back... over and over. Not once did he think, this lady doesn't brush her teeth! He loved her like Jesus would and gave her exactly what she needed on that cold night before Christmas when she wanted to kiss her boys goodnight. I love to see children's innocent love. When Papa needed to hear his happy voice he obliged, when I find myself looking away from a needy woman, he's ready with a smile. I know this has nothing to do with any plans Jeremiah has made to impress, but it has everything to do with the joy that even now the Lord can use to brighten someone's day, I'm just glad I'm there to witness it and learn from it. Not that me chattering gibberish would have brightened my father in laws day, but you get the picture.

Making his Great Grandma's day

We are so excited about all that the Lord is doing in our lives in this season. We are entering a time of fasting with our church family and we are expecting break through and revelation from the Lord.

Ok, here is your 5 month update!

At 5 months Jeremiah...
has made his first long car ride like the trucker's son he is!
sleeps through the night anywhere from 8 to 1o hours (ahhh... that is nice!)
eats rice cereal in his big boy chair
blows raspberries with his tongue
drools nearly constantly
loves to watch his Praise Baby videos
sits up unsupported for a couple minutes at a time
still loves his monkey seat jumper
loves to play peek a boo
is as ticklish and startles as easily as his momma, but both always get a laugh from him
drinks water out of a sippy cup
thinks that mirrors are amazing
stands up on his own if you lean him on something sturdy
makes us laugh every day!

No comments: