Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Things I hear...


It seems like every day Jeremiah adds words to his vocabulary. Sometimes they are right on and other times they take some imagination. I absolutely LOVE this age and love being able to communicate with Jeremiah, but it also reveals the things Al & I must say often... I told some friends at lunch today about something Jeremiah said to Iris this morning and my friend suggested I be writing these things down before I forget, and I thought, I should put it on my blog as well!

Jeremiah to Iris, Hi, gurl! Guess what? Wuv you!

When you point out colors he recognizes and names them in his own special way, Red=Elmo Red, Green=Oscar Green, Blue=Cookie Blue, Yellow=Big Bird Red (yes, I mean red)

One of his favorite phrases that we hear at least 20 times a day is, C'mere a minute

He calls Iris, my gurl or baby gurl

When he wants a fruit bar (his favorite snack) he says, Growger fuit brr The packaging has Grover on it, so of course they are Grover fruit bars!

This week we met some friends at a frozen yogurt place and his friend was shouting, I want ice cream! So of course Jeremiah excitedly said, ice cream! ice cream! Well, I filled up a cup with fruit from the toppings bar. When we sat down he took his first bite of blueberries, smiled, tilted his head back and said, Mmmm, dat's good ice keem! (don't tell him fruit isn't ice cream!)

When he accidently hurts Iris or if he gets too rough with her, we tell him to apologize, in the cutest voice he says, Sawwee Baby.

When Daddy is at work he is, dwivin' da big twuck!

He is really pretty good with names, but he calls his friend, Cooper, Pooker.

Aubrey introduced him to the movie, Cinderella when she was over last week and he calls it, Pwint, (as in princess).

He is quite the little prayer warrior and after witnessing Aubrey having a rough night he prayed, Aubrey gurl, happy, Aubrey.

Terms we must say often, because we hear them often, Oh gosh (that's Mommy!) & Awesome (that's Daddy!)

This weekend we will begin, Operation No More Bottle! I know, I know, he's too old for a bottle, but our pediatrician said not to push it until he was 2. Jeremiah isn't a fan of drinking his milk from a cup, water and juice are great in a cup, but milk? No way. Since he is a skinny-mini Dr. E said it was best that he get his calories from his milk, even if it came from a bottle. But, I really feel like the time has come to switch to a cup. So... pray for us! The plan is to let him choose a new fancy milk cup from the store and he can trade it for his bottles. For once I am thankful Iris refuses the bottle, at least there won't be any jealousy there!

No comments: