Thursday, June 11, 2009

32 weeks, a spy party & unexpected blessings!

Lets start with the 32 weeks portion of the post. Time is flying by! The paper chain in my office is getting shorter and shorter! This little man will be here before we know it. We are so looking forward to meeting him, but there is that part of me that loves having him in my belly and I am not quite ready to have him yet. The house has been taken over with baby paraphernalia. Al's drum room is packed so full you can literally not walk in. The crib and changing table have yet to be assembled, they are in the garage and I haven't picked out our paint color yet. The next month or so will include preparing for this little guy. I know we can do it in a weekend though so we aren't rushing Olivia out of the nursery. We're praying for the perfect next host home for her. We will miss having her so much and I know she will be a blessing to her next host family. 

Spy Party! We hosted a fabulous celebration for Carina's 30th birthday. God has blessed me with incredible friends and Carina is one of those. My family has adopted her and her men as part of our family. My dad refers to Chris as "The Legend". Other than the fact that Chris is an artist, I am not sure why Dad gave him that title. :) Carina has a not-so-secret desire to be a spy or detective when she grows up so we had a spy/detective themed party for her. It was so much fun! Some of us wore costumes while others came in "disguise" as themselves. We played some fun games and took some great pictures! I will post more when I have them. Lets just say, baby Lars with a mustache is a sight to see! 

Now, unexpected blessings! Al and I were planning on purchasing our stroller/car seat combo. This was our only must have costly item that hadn't been gifted to us. The cost was $269.99. We were planning on waiting until July to make this purchase. Well, God had another plan! Last Friday night I had my laptop out and I was checking email before bed. I felt like I was supposed to look at Craig's List. I didn't have any reason to, just felt like I should look. So, I opened it to baby/kids items and there was a posting for a stroller/car seat combo from Graco for $100. The pictures were incredible and the price was even better! The posting said it was in perfect condition, well cared for in a smoke free, pet free home and it was right here in Spring Hill. I didn't email right away. I waited until I talked to Al in the morning and he said, Email them! So I did. The sweetest lady, Mary, called me back. She said they would be around and I was about to head out to meet Jeans and Trish at the pool anyway so I stopped by. I was greeted by Mary and I immediately knew she was a believer. Her spirit connected with mine immediately. I met her husband and he was the same way. They showed me the stroller and it was better than the pictures represented. It is only a year old and is in perfect condition with all the bells and whistles. Jeremiah and I can tell you the time and temperature when we are out walking. ha ha ha I said I wanted it and thanked them for the blessing. She told me that they had prayed over the stroller and asked the Lord to bring the perfect person who would be blessed by it. I love how the Lord works that way! 

Birthing class was fun again this week. It might make me a dork, but I am loving it! I love learning all that is going on in my body and with our boy. I am not to thrilled to hear about the coming pain! ha ha ha! I am paying close attention to the relaxation and breathing techniques and sweet Al has been practicing his massage on my pained lower back. 

I will try and post some more spy party pics later! This one is blurry, but you get the idea. I love this one of me and Trish and of course Jeremiah at almost 32 weeks. 

No comments: