Monday, April 13, 2009

23 Weeks and Easter Weekend

I will combine the 2 since I never posted for my 23rd week. We had a fun, but full Easter weekend. I was off work on Friday for Good Friday and it was a full day of errands and preparation for my little sister, Becky's arrival. 

Becky and her friend Liz came into town about 2:45am on Saturday morning so I woke up to greet them and get them settled. Becky and Liz met at church and soon discovered they both had friends/family in the Nashville area. In fact, Liz's friends go to church with us, small world! Saturday morning started with Easter egg coloring. Trish & Aubrey, Gina, Jeannie, Carina and Lars all came over to join the fun. Olivia joined us as well. Olivia is the master egg colorer. She has skills. Aubrey (19 months) loved playing with the eggs, but after 2 she wasn't very interested in dipping them in the dye. I had to take her very cracked egg away after she tried to put it under my couch. Thanks, but no thanks. =) Saturday was so fun. Full of egg coloring, friends and shopping! Sunday was Easter and it was such a sweet day. We joined the annual Pfaender picnic and ate too much then hunted Easter eggs! Thanks to Bill, Karen and Trish the adults were treated to an egg hunt with eggs filled with Chick-fil-a coupons. Yeay! I won the big prize by finding the special egg containing 2 free combos meals and 2 movie tickets. 

Becky and Liz left this morning for their trek back to Tulsa. I will miss my sister, but am so thankful for the time we had together. I will be in Tulsa in May for our first baby shower so I will see her again soon. 

Jeremiah treated us all with a little surprise last night. He was moving enough that Al and Becky could see his kicks. It was so fun to share with Becky. I have my Glucose testing on Wednesday, I am taking my sweet friend Jennifer with me so she can hear Jeremiah's heartbeat and be my driver in case I feel like passing out after my sugar dose. ;) 

Enjoy the random array of pictures. I have yet to figure out how to post the pics within the blog post under each paragraph so at the top they will stay. The sweet blanket was made by a woman that works with Al named, Miranda. I haven't met her, but she has prayed for our boy and was so sweet to give us this fun gift. 

No comments: